For The Green Thumb Enthusiast...
4 Beds • 3 Baths • 2,360 - Total Finished SF • 9,178 SF Lot • $777,000 SOLD
830 31st St S, Arlington, VA 22202, USA
This renovated & updated split level home is situated on a rare large & beautifully manicured lot. Its open & spacious floor plan offers a grand family room making this home truly an entertainer's delight. The great au pair or in-law suite located in the private lower level bedroom with a full bathroom is easily accessible through a private rear walkout entrance. With its serene deck off of the sitting room & a perfect backyard for the green thumb enthusiast, this is one home well worth your visit!
- Four level Single Family Home in Oakcrest subdivision on a 9,178 square foot (0.21 Acre) lot
- Brick exterior throughout with black shutters
- Red brick paver walk lead accentuated with solar powered pathway lighting and brick front stoop
- Wood glass panel exterior front door with exterior brass lighting
- Carport with paver driveway & large storage shed
- Flagstone steps leading from carport door entrance to large rear flagstone patio
- Large rear deck accentuated with black metal balusters, white posts & remote-controlled awning with exterior bronze lighting
- Concrete steps from flagstone patio to backyard
- Rear wood fence with gated access
- Water sprinkler system throughout front & rear yard
- Drip irrigation system throughout front & rear yard
- Professionally landscaped front and rear yard
Interior Highlights & Custom Features
Main Level -Approximately 783 square feet of light filled open living space featuring hardwood flooring, large windows and freshy painted throughout.
- FOYER with hardwood flooring, black finish ceiling light and custom closets.
- LIVING ROOM accentuated with hardwood flooring and large windows with views of the front yard.
- DINING ROOM accentuated with large brass and crystal chandelier, hardwood flooring and large window with views of the side yard.
- RENOVATED KITCHEN featuring white custom cabinetry with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, large sink, ceramic tile backsplash, and caramic tile flooring. Ceiling accentuated with track lighting and under counter lighting.
- SITTING ROOM adjacent to Kitchen and Dining Room featuring hardwood flooring, large sliding glass doors leading to rear deck and wood glass panel door leading to carport.
Upper Level 1 - Approximately 425 square feet of spacious and comfortable living area featuring hardwood flooring, recessed lighting, large windows accentuated with custom drapery and freshly painted throughout.
- GRAND FAMILY ROOM with recessed lighting, wood burning fireplace surrounded by a crème colored mantel and granite hearth. Custom built bookcase with shelving & cabinets, hardwood flooring and large windows with views of the front, side and rear yard.
Upper Level 2 - Approximately 792 square feet of comfortable living area featuring hardwood flooring, access to large storage attic and recently painted throughout.
- MASTER BEDROOM accentuated with white ceiling light fan, hardwood flooring and large closet with controlled lighting.
- MASTER BATHROOM renovated in 2012 featuring espresso furniture grade vanity with granite countertop & large white sink, large designer cab mirror accentuated with 5-light chrome vanity lighting, steam shower with dual brush nickel shower head & triple spray heads accentuated by frameless hinged glass door and custom Calcutta marble tile work.
- SECOND BEDROOM featuring wall controlled ceiling light fan, large closet, bookcase with shelves & cabinets and hardwood flooring.
- THIRD BEDROOM featuring wall controlled ceiling light fan, large closet and hardwood flooring.
- HALLWAY BATHROOM renovated featuring furniture grade oak vanity, brass finish faucet, medicine cabinet mirror with 2-light brass vanity lighting, shower with dual shower head and soaking tub & custom ceramic tile work.
Lower Level - Approximately 360 square feet of comfortable living space featuring plush carpeting, utility room and a glass paneled wood door for easy walk out access to rear yard.
- FOURTH BEDROOM with brass lighting, three separate closets, plush carpeting and large windows with views of the front yard.
- LOWER LEVEL BATHROOM featuring a white pedestal sink, chrome finish faucet, medicine cabinet mirror, stand-in shower and custom ceramic tile work.
- LAUNDRY ROOM adjacent to 4th bedroom with cabinets, front loading washer and dryer, countertop with cabinetry and glass panel wood door with access to rear yard.
Interior Finishes and Upgraded Systems
- New furnace (2016)
- Resurfaced and polished hardwood floors (2016)
- New Nest thermostat & protect system (2016)
- Closet renovations in upper level three bedrooms (2012)
- New living room blinds (2015)
- New gutters (2014)
- Complete master bathroom renovation (2012)
- Complete hallway bathroom renovation (2012)
- Freshly painted main and upper levels with low VOC paint (2017)
*Keller Williams Realty does not guarantee the accuracy of square footage, lot size, or other information concerning the condition or features of the property provided by the seller or obtained from public records or other sources and the buyer is advised to independently verify the accuracy of that information through personal inspection with appropriate licensed professionals. Measurements are approximate, information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Presented by Sahba Samimi, Keller Williams Realty (www.ri8address.com). Copyright © 2017 Sahba Samimi. All rights reserved.
Oakridge Elementary School
1414 24th Street S
Arlington, VA 22202
Oakridge Elementary School is an international neighborhood school. Our students and staff represent our local community as well as more than 50 countries from around the world, and speak more than 30 languages. Our goal is to create a community of learners by delivering quality education, fostering critical thinking, and maximizing the strength and potential of each child. We strive to enable children to become educated, self-confident, well-rounded and responsible global citizens. Our exemplary project—MOSAIC—celebrates our diversity and mission by using globally diverse literature to introduce students to cultures from around the globe while implementing strategies to scaffold students’ reading and inspire learning and exploration.
Our highly trained faculty and staff excel at providing rigorous and engaging learning experiences that address the learning styles of each student and maximize achievement for all students, whatever their needs. To ensure that we meet students’ needs and provide a positive learning environment, we utilize Responsive Classroom techniques and actively support professional learning communities and professional development. The staff, combined with our beautiful facility and numerous resources, creates a positive and energetic learning environment.
Oakridge is proud of our cultural diversity, our strong and supportive community and our lovely neighborhoods. We invite you to join us! We are a friendly, academically excellent school and welcome you to join us as we continue to grow as citizens of the world. When you visit us, you’ll meet the world and see the future in our children.
Information obtained from https://www.apsva.us/school-overviews/oakridge-elementary-school/
Gunston Middle School
2700 S Lang Street
Arlington, VA 22206
The goal at Gunston Middle school is clear: academic excellence in a rigorous and nurturing environment that meets the needs of our diverse student body. Our students are encouraged to work hard, explore new interests, develop positive relationships and build on existing strengths. Our talented, dedicated staff works hard to make sure every child has the tools and time to be successful. A vibrant after-school program with homework help, elective classes, community service opportunities, clubs, sports and special events supplements the rigorous school day. See the Gunston website for a complete listing.
Gunston is home to three academic programs: the traditional middle school program; the Spanish partial immersion language program which offers content instruction in Spanish in science, social studies and language arts; and the Montessori Middle Years program, a continuation of the elementary program. They are organized by interdisciplinary teams that meet regularly to monitor student progress and develop strategies to address each student’s academic needs. Over 84 percent of Gunston’s teachers and staff have a master’s or doctoral degree.
Our elective program is award-winning. Network 21 is a nationally-recognized studio that teaches students all aspects of media production. Our music programs routinely receive superior and excellent ratings. Our Jazz band performs throughout the community. For many years, our visual arts program has won numerous Scholastic awards. Our business and technology education program was cited for excellence by the Virginia Department of Education.
At Gunston, we educate the whole child as our students navigate the challenges of adolescence.
Information obtained from https://www.apsva.us/school-overviews/gunston-middle-school/
Wakefield High School
1325 S Dinwiddie Street
Arlington, VA 22206
Wakefield High School represents the finest of the twenty-first century schools. Residing in a brand new state-of-the-art building, it provides challenges and academic rigor to all students. Through sound instruction supporting all students’ success, the faculty and staff commit themselves to meeting each student’s academic and career goals. Many of Wakefield’s initiatives have earned international, national, state and local recognition. The Ninth Grade Foundation for Academic Excellence helps transition students into high school through Houses where content teachers work in teams. Wakefield’s exemplary project, the Advanced Placement Network, provides a framework of support that encourages students to take on intensified, advanced and Advanced Placement in numerous courses, as well as the network’s AP Summer Bridge. In addition, the Cohort Program is designed to support African-American and Hispanic males in their school experience. Both the Cohort and the United Minority Girls initiatives have the goal of assisting students with the college and scholarship application processes. Ninety-two percent of graduates continue on to college. The Wakefield Senior Project and College Summit challenge students to conduct an independent long-term project. The White House recognized these achievements in September 2009 when President Obama chose Wakefield as the site from which to give his education address to the nation. In 2011 President Obama and Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard visited Wakefield.
Wakefield also provides many other opportunities for students’ growth and success. Wakefield is home to the high-school level of the county’s Spanish Immersion Program. In addition, Wakefield offers challenging coursework in French, Latin, German, Mandarin, Japanese and Arabic. Wakefield also offers an outstanding fine arts program. The drama department partners with Signature Theatre, allowing students to be involved in live professional stage productions. Students at Wakefield have been selected to participate in the Fine Arts Apprentice Program and the PRIME Internship Program. Unique to Wakefield is our partnership with Urban Alliance which places selected seniors in paid internships in Arlington and Washington, DC. Wakefield students also have the opportunity to participate in 50 clubs and 19 sports. Finally, with a multicultural student enrollment, Wakefield High School provides its students with a truly international education in preparation for this twenty-first century global challenge.
Information obtained from https://www.apsva.us/school-overviews/wakefield-high-school/